I got to go to Reading festival over the Bank Holiday and had the best time ever. The insanely talented, Florence and the Machine, Foo Fighters and Young Rapunzel Azelia Banks were among my highlights. I was also surprised at how much I enjoyed the Kaiser Chiefs - who knew they had so many hits!
I wore a pair of Red Patent Folding Rainboots by Redfoot and I have to say they were the most comfortable wellies I’ve ever put on my feet. There’s even a drawstring toggle so that you can adjust the boot to your calf size. The fleecy lining inside seems to keep you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot. Technology, hey!
Layering was key so I put on a Topshop festi cardi complete with tassles, a black midi dress, round sunglasses and my all important party piece – my Grizzly Bear Spirtithood from http://www.adhoclondon.co.uk/ !
cardi: here
wellies: here
For evening I pulled out this Topshop leopard print pac-a-mac
The next day was a hot one so I folded my wellies up and was amazed at how compact they were! Perfect for slipping into the bottom of a rucksack until nightfall. I decided to channel my inner hippie by wearing a Wildfox ‘I Left My Heart at Woodstock’ fringed tee, some high waisted denim shorts, an oversized flower in my hair and a stack of friendship bracelets. Sometimes I wish it was 1969!
tee: here
I went for a bit of a girly grunge look for Day 3 just as I was starting to crave a shower! My outfit consisted of a bodycon dress, denim shirt, camo jacket, round sunglasses and a funky sequin bum bag for a bit of nineties retro! I also donned the most expensive piece of footwear in my wardrobe - my Jimmy Choo for Hunter boots. yum!
Jacket: here
I had the best time and damn you Reading for leaving me with the festival bug…..roll on next summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment